Posted: February 2, 2012
Written by: Mindy L.
Last year, I was approached by Martin Hess with American Club Association with an idea to start a club that would bring together meeting industry suppliers with meeting planners. What evolved was the Event Travel Club (etc) – an organization dedicated to building relationships between event, meeting, and travel professionals. While this is designed to be a national organization, currently Kansas City is the only major metro area with a local club, of which I am the president.
etc provides networking opportunities to share information regarding their roles and needs. In addition, etc provides an educational forum for professionals to learn, teach, and have face-to-face discussions regarding the future of the industry. Regardless of your event or travel needs, the connections you’ll make at etc will maximize your profits and increase the success of your events.
Some etc events will function as a mini FAM showcasing the leading event and convention venues throughout the metro area including hotels with meeting space, conference and event centers, local restaurants, and other entertainment establishments.
An Event Travel Club Membership offers hospitality professionals the following benefits:
* Meetings and Events: Members receive exclusive invitations to a variety of meetings and events designed to educate and support hospitality professionals. Members also have the opportunity to invite their friends, clients and colleagues to select events.
* Membership Roster: Members receive access to the etc Membership Roster, a confidential on-line directory that showcases and assists members in building relationships with others that share their same interests and concerns. Members receive their own Member profile with a photo and bio, which encourages members to become better acquainted on a personal level.
* Resource Directory: etc will host an on-line Resource Directory consisting of businesses that serve hospitality professionals – and your search can be expanded to the entire metro area as well. Because etc endorses, and holds accountable, every business listed in the Directory, you can feel confident in utilizing the products and services featured – and recommend them to your friends, family, clients and colleagues.
* Newsletter: Members receive a monthly e-newsletter created to keep our members informed and educated on event and travel planning. The newsletter also features our upcoming meetings and events, as well as helpful resources and updates.
* ACA Clubhouse: The Event Travel Club is supported by the American Club Association (ACA). As a result, our members receive exclusive access to the ACA Clubhouse which provides a centralized on-line member area designed to inform and connect members from all ACA Clubs. The ACA Clubhouse features an event calendar, resource library, internal messaging, free classifieds, and more.
After reading about etc, you may be asking yourself “how is this different than all the other meeting-related associations.” etc concentrates on the suppliers of the meeting/travel industry – allowing them to network together in a small group setting building relationships, bouncing ideas and referrals. I’m really excited about this new club because most of the associations I participate in focus on the supplier’s connection with the meeting planner and this one focuses on the supplier’s connection to other suppliers (although meeting planners are invited and welcome).
Membership is open to those hospitality professionals that serve the meeting, event, and travel industry. As a member, etc offers numerous opportunities for developing partnerships, giving back to the community, entertaining clients and colleagues, and growing your business. If you would like more information regarding The Event Travel Club, contact me at email@example.com.