The pressure is on. You're in Overland Park and you have an extra hour to kill. Think fast, what are you going to do? Well, stop worrying because we have 7 sure-fire ideas that will make the most of one extra hour in Overland Park.
1. Spend an hour exploring the Museum at Prairiefire. Here you will find virtual reality experiences, traveling exhibits, and a full-sized replica Tyrannosaurus rex. And get a family photo in front of the outside of the museum. The building is very photogenic. Okay, so is the T-Rex.
2. Stroll through Downtown Overland Park. Downtown Overland Park is known for its locally owned shops where you are more than likely to see the owner working when you stop in. From clothing to yard games, to wine and pie and everything in-between, the boutique shops in downtown OP will give your hour a local look into the city.
3. Get some fresh air at the Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens. With over 300 acres to explore, you may want to keep an eye on your watch because this could easily turn in to a multiple hour excursion.
5. Hop on the Ferris wheel inside of Scheels. One ride may not take up an hour, but don’t let me tell you how many times you can ride it! Don't forget to do some shopping after and check out the aquarium too!
6. Grab a change of clothes and go have a photo shoot at Wonder Wonder in Oak Park Mall. This is the place to go if you want to make all your Instagram friends jealous.
7. Take in some art at the Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art. Catch one of their rotating exhibitions or browse the permanent collection in one of their galleries.