For those who believe shopping and travel go hand in hand 🙋 KC | OP is the getaway for you. Whether your kind of retail therapy involves trendy boutiques, laid-back local shops or iconic department stores, there’s a clothing rack here that fits your personal style, no doubt. I recently set out on a mission to research the top boutique-style shops in KC | OP, much to the benefit of my wardrobe.
In no particular order, here are a few of KC | OP’s latest and greatest boutiques.
- Anaphora – Sleek, airy, bright—these are words that describe this chic boutique located in the Prairiefire district of OP. The clothes that line the racks here feature bold colors and contemporary styling for the modern woman… and fashion-forward jewelry and leather accessories are tucked in all the spaces in between.
- Baldwin – Calling all classic, American denim lovers who appreciate clean lines and attention to detail: Baldwin is the shop for you. Created by hometown designer Matt Baldwin, this Kansas City-designed clothing line caters to both men and women, and is well known for producing the uber-popular “KC” caps frequently worn during public appearances by actor Jason Sudeikis.
- Kindred – Nestled away on the first floor of Oak Park Mall, this relative newcomer elicits sensory overload upon entrance. So! Many! Racks! Featuring hundreds of pieces from 17 local vendors, this fashion collective has something for everyone: crop tops, boho-chic dresses, distressed denim, candles, jewelry, handbags… the list goes on.
- Made in KC – Those who fancy wearing hometown pride on your sleeve—literally, will not want to miss this colorful shop. Made in KC is an outlet for more than 200 local artists, designers and makers to showcase their goods, which include everything from graphic T-shirts and ball caps to artisan coasters and wall art. One thing’s for sure: if you love KC | OP, you’ll love everything in this boutique!
- Standard Style – Although Standard Style has been operating in town for fifteen years, its aesthetic and merchandise have evolved with the latest fashion trends over time. Browse racks of contemporary styles from brands like Ganni, Veronica Beard and Tibi in two different area locations. In addition to everyday pieces like denim jackets and casual knitwear, Standard Style also curates statement footwear and jewelry to elevate more basic outfits.
And The Winner Is
…YOUR CLOSET! Honestly, there’s no way to choose a winner when each boutique offers such a varied mix of styles (For contemporary: Anaphora and Standard Style. For eclectic: Kindred. ) and goods (For gifts and tees: Made in KC. For men’s wear: Baldwin.). The overwhelming result of this experiment is that unique shopping options are abundant in KC | OP—which means no more wearing athleisure wear to brunch 🤷.
Do you plan to shop ‘til you drop through our list of contenders? Tag us on Instagram and let us know your favorite.
This is the seventh installment of a “Best of OP” series. This year we have covered many of the best things in OP. Read about, The Best Biscuits and Gravy in Overland Park, The Best Wings in Overland Park, or The Best Patios in Overland Park.