If we know anything about summer, we’d bet yours has been full of long sunny days, melting ice-cream, splashing through water attractions, summer trips and most importantly trying to stay cool through it all. Let us help you beat the heat one more time this Labor Day weekend while maximizing the last days of summer on your visit to Overland Park.
1. Cool off at the Roe Park Splash Pad. There’s no cost to join in the fun and plenty of shade for mom and dad. There is also a huge playground, and the park sits right next to McLain’s, a beloved local restaurant and bakery with a drive-thru, perfect for picnics at the park.
2. Check-out the Discovery Room at the Museum at Prairiefire. Its educational experiences for kids are expertly disguised by fun, interactive activity centers, with bright colors, fossils, and animals. Kids learn about paleontology, anthropology, zoology, biology, geology, and astronomy in the comfort of the beautiful Museum at Prairiefire’s air conditioning.
3. Fan yourself off. There’s a really, really big fan in the form of an indoor skydiving air tunnel at iFly. Feel the breeze rush past as you float through the air like a real sky dive. Kids as young as 3 years old can go, making it an unforgettable experience for the whole family.
4. Enjoy a full-fledged water park to beat the heat at Oceans of Fun in their last weekend of the season. Slides and rides for all ages and bravery levels can be found next to lazy rivers, a wave pool and water playgrounds.
5. Be outside, but out of the sun under the climate-controlled bays at Topgolf. Hit high scores and high fives with your crew as you compete to hit the targets in the field. Pro tip: the fish tacos have been known to help your swing.
7. Check out KC|OP’s Top Cold Treats at one of our recommended ice-cream favorites. We did all the hard work of taste testing for you.