We all know dogs are our four-legged family members, so bring them along for the next family road trip! In Overland Park, we understand that and welcome pets on your weekend adventures. Here are dog-friendly attractions and hotels to make your vacation fun for the whole family:
- Land of Paws: Need to get Fifi a new collar? Want to treat her to a new toy? Did she get dirty while running around at the dog park? Take care of all those needs and more at this all-natural, premium pet supply store.
- Three Dog Bakery: This local bakery is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, with a store front in Bluhawk of Overland Park, Kansas. Shop their all-natural hand-made baked goods (for the pups, of course) among toys, food, supplies and more!
- Petland: Petland has supplies for all of your animals needs, not only dogs, but have cats and other needs as well.
- Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming: From snuggling wet noses and serving up delicious natural treats, to turning a routine wash into a luxury spa experience, Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming is devoted to the spirit and bond we share with our pets. Woof Gang Bakery has all you need for your pup including spa services, gourmet treats and pet nutrition.
Dog-Friendly Trails and Restaurants
- Prairiefire District: Among the shops and restaurants, Prairiefire has dog-friendly water stations sprinkled throughout the walkable streets. There is a 1.5 mile hike and bike trail surrounding Prairiefire and its wetlands, suitable for an easy walk or run.
- Rock & Brews: Bring your dog to dinner at Rock & Brews, located in Prairiefire. Pups are welcome on the patio (and it's heated in the winter), where you'll find water bowls filled and ready. Rock & Brews has its own dog-approved menu.
- Cocobolos - Cocobolos has a great patio that you can bring your pup to. Be sure to stick around for the Prairiefire Summer Concert Series from May through September across the street!
- Downtown OP has multiple bars and restaurants that have dog friendly patios including: Buffalo State Pizza, The Peanut on Santa Fe, Maloney's and the Red Door at The Other Place
- Other notable bars and restaurants that are dog friendly in Overland Park: Johnny's Tavern, Mr. P's Bar and Grill at Fireside BBQ, and Urban Egg.
- Indian Creek Trail: The Indian Creek Bike and Hike Trail is 17 miles of paved trail. The park is accessible from eight different parking lots along the trail. Bring your dog along for the stroll!*
- Thomas S. Stoll: Need to let your dog run and burn some energy? Take the pup to the seven-acre off leash dog park in Thomas S. Stoll Park. The flat open space is fenced and has ample parking open year-round.
- The Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens allows dogs but they are restricted to the mulch paths or the International Sculpture Trail around the Pavilion*.
- The Beef Jerky Experience enjoys spoiling our pets just as much as you! While we pride ourselves on providing you with small batch, high quality beef jerky, we also make sure to have options for your four-legged friends as well! We know that dogs and cats have different sensitivities and allergies than people, and we make sure to avoid common stomach irritants such as onion, garlic, and excessive salt.
- Yogurtini: Stop by Yogurtini by Scheels Overland Park Soccer Complex with your pup and grab 4 oz of dog-safe, frozen yogurt! Your pups will love it!
- Homer's Coffee House: Head to Downtown OP and stop in Homer's for a cup of coffee and a pup cup for your companion.
- Scooter's: Stop by any Scooter's Coffee Shop around OP and give your pup a treat.
- 7 Brew: Every day can be a special day! Treat yourself and your pup to a 7 Brew pup cup today!
- Andy's: Stop by any of the multiple locations across OP and treat your pup on a hot day!
Annual Dog-Friendly Events
Downtown Overland Park: Overland Park's historic downtown hosts numerous pup-friendly festivities including animal-loving vendors, live music and a nice walk - so grab your leash!*
*Leashes are required. Learn more about Overland Park's pet regulations here.
It’s a summer art party in Downtown Overland Park! Enjoy great food and live music while browsing some of the best pieces of art from over 60 local and regional artists, artisans, makers and creators.
Prost! Celebrate the fall season and pull out the steins! One of Overland Park’s most popular celebrations of all things Barvarian is Oktoberfest at Prairiefire.
Welcome in fall at the Downtown Overland Park’s Fall Festival & Artisan Fair! The Fall Festival and Artisan Fair includes more than 75 booths filled with local and regional artisans, artists, makers and creators.
St. Patrick’s Day is a time to celebrate the luck of the Irish with a parade! Whether you’re searching for ways to honor your Irish heritage or merely look good in green, Overland Park has the Irish celebration for you.
Kick off the holiday season in Downtown Overland Park at this free community event! Bring the whole family (dogs too!) and countdown as the mayor lights the Christmas tree in Thompson Park.