We all know dogs are our four-legged family members, so bring them along for the next family road trip! In Overland Park, we understand that and welcome pets on your weekend adventures. Here are dog-friendly attractions and hotels to make your vacation fun for the whole family:
- Downtown Dog Days: In the spring, Overland Park's historic Downtown will host a day of pup-friendly festivities including animal-loving vendors, live music and a walk - so grab your leash!* This event benefits a local animal welfare organization: Great Plains SPCA. (The Culinary Center of Kansas City has a dog treat recipe to share from this event.)
- Woof Wednesdays: One Block South welcomes your furry four-legged companion on their patio every Wednesday from May - October! OBS is an entertainment district featuring four bars, live music, DJs, dancing, billiards and more!*
- Barktoberfest: In October, 99.7 The Point hosts the only pet and music festival in the metro area. This event has it all: food, drinks, concert, beer garden, doggie daycare, a doggie fashion show and the best part is that it benefits Wayside Waifs - a local no-kill animal shelter. Learn about the event here.
- Treats Unleashed: Need to get Fifi a new collar? Want to treat her to a new toy? Did she get dirty while running around at the dog park? Take care of all those needs and more at this all-natural, premium pet supply store.
- Three Dog Bakery: This local bakery is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, with a store front in Leawood, Kansas. Shop their all-natural hand-made baked goods (for the pups, of course) among toys, food, supplies and more!
- Rock & Brews: Bring your dog to dinner at Rock & Brews, located in Prairiefire. Pups are welcome on the heated patio, where you'll find water bowls already set out. Is your four-legged companion hungry, too? You're in luck - Rock & Brews has its own dog-approved menu.
- Indian Creek Trail: The Indian Creek Bike and Hike Trail is 17 miles of paved trail. The park is accessible from eight different parking lots along the trail. Bring your dog along for the stroll!*
- Leawoof Dog Park: This dog park is perfect for both small and large breeds. Open from sunrise to sunset, this is a great spot to let your dog run around and mingle.
- Prairiefire District: Among the shops and restaurants, Prairiefire has dog-friendly water stations and pet stations sprinkled throughout. There is even a 1.5 mile hike and bike trail surrounding Prairiefire and its wetlands, suitable for an easy walk or run.
- Hyatt Overland Park - Convention Center
- Extended Stay - Overland Park - Metcalf
- Drury Inn - Overland Park
- Comfort Inn & Suites
- Sheraton - Overland Park Convention Center
- Hawthorn Suites
- Days Inn Overland Park
- Super 8 - South
- EconoLodge I-35
- Extended Stay - Overland Park - Nall
- La Quinta Inn & Suites
- Candlewood Suites
- Motel 6 Overland Park
- Extended Stay - Quivira
- Chase Suite Overland Park
- Towne Place Suites
- Residence Inn
- Ramada Overland Park
- America's Best Value
Instagram photos courtesy of: @copper.the.pup @casleah @miss_conception @seanherwaldt
*Leashes are required. Learn more about Overland Park's pet regulations here.