Do you have KC and OP pride? Do you find yourself itching to explore the countless restaurants, shops, trails and parks, and attractions all around our vibrant metro? Are you eager to share those experiences and hometown pride with others? Join the team at Visit Overland Park, where every day is another opportunity to experience and promote all that KC | OP has to offer. You’ll get to collaborate with a crew that is fun, dynamic and likes to create change—all while working together to spread the KC | OP love both near and far.
Visit Overland Park is a marketing organization that invites and celebrates visitors in our region. We amplify powerful stories and create meaningful experiences in Overland Park. Our team is nimble, humble and all about the hustle.
We’re seeking a storyteller to serve as Content Specialist for the marketing team. In this role, you will curate, create and coordinate social media and blog content. If you want to sit behind a desk, this role isn’t for you. You will unlock the best experiences and attractions in our region and live to tell the tale. You will work smart and think big. You will be the voice for our brand, engage with our audience, and support all marketing, sales and public relations efforts for Visit OP.
- Responsible for day-to-day administration of the leisure visitor social media channels- including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Ensure that all social communication, Facebook posts, Instagram photos, blog posts or a Twitter conversations, adheres to Visit Overland Park’s voice and tone guidelines.
- Create, curate, and coordinate all published content across all social platforms, including images, video, written articles and stories. Regularly search and secure user generated content.
- Develop social media editorial calendars and schedules. Collaborate with Digital Marketing Manager to ensure cooperation with website content.
- Proactively interact and communicate with followers and respond to queries in a timely manner while monitoring destination reputation.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Collaborate with Overland Park attractions, partners and stakeholders on social programs that include video and serialized content (i.e. Instagram stories and live video).
- Monitor key metrics and work with the Digital Marketing Manager and VP of Marketing to meet goals and/or change branding tactics.
- Compile reports showing results laddering up to department goals and KPIs.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications, as well as what’s happening in Overland Park.
- Keep website event calendar and business listings up-to-date.
- As a key member of the Marketing Team, assist as with additional projects and content production.
- 3-5 years of content marketing experience.
- Proven record of creative content creation with knowledge/practice of social channels and executing successful campaigns with measurable results.
- Creative thinker, problem solver and project management abilities with the energy and willingness to produce and create interesting and compelling work.
- A passion for the industry. Knowledgeable in social media and informed on industry developments, trends and new technologies.
- A keen eye. Understanding of design best practices across each social media platform. Photography, videography and graphic design skills are a plus.
- Solid writing skills with the ability to adapt writing style for use on each platform- with notice to content length, vernacular and audience.
- Copy editing skills are a must. Please provide writing samples.
- Works well with others. Ability to interface with staff and community partners to build consensus, achieve goals and leverage resources.