Do you have KC and OP pride? Do you find yourself itching to explore the countless restaurants, shops, trails and parks, and attractions all around our vibrant metro? Are you eager to share those experiences and hometown pride with others? Join the team at Visit Overland Park, where every day is another opportunity to experience and promote all that KC | OP has to offer. You’ll get to collaborate with a crew that is fun, dynamic and likes to create change—all while working together to spread the KC | OP love both near and far.
Senior Administrative Assistant
Visit Overland Park is a marketing organization that invites and celebrates visitors in our region by sharing and creating powerful stories and meaningful experiences in Overland Park. This organization is seeking to add a Senior Administrative Assistant to their driven, creative and passionate team.
This is an administrative and generalist position within Visit Overland Park (VOP) supporting the Vice President of Business Development and the broader team. This position contributes to and is responsible for detailed assistance on a variety of projects. The successful team member must possess excellent Excel and data formatting skills, be a self-starter, great interpersonal skills, have good judgment and be extremely detail oriented in defining and carrying out work assignments. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team of professionals who are passionate about attracting visitors to enjoy all that Overland Park has to offer.
- Generates reports, spreadsheets, and charts of items such as tentative bookings, actual bookings, economic impact reports, etc.
- Enters and acknowledges prospects and leads for all in bound RFP’s into CRM and distributes to appropriate sales manager. Acts as the sole contact for all leads under 100 total room nights.
- Assists with site tour coordination and production of collateral for all site visits.
- Maintains and manages booth inventory for trade shows.
- Serves as the first person of contact for callers and visitors to VOP responding to sales inquiries from clients, hotel partners and enthusiastically refers, when necessary to appropriate sales team member.
- Develops and maintains sales office forms and procedures and assists with administrative tasks including paper and electronic filing, tracking data and reviewing materials, creating sales documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Maintains expert working knowledge of sales customer relation management software.
- Maintains sales office calendar.
- Composes, types, and edits correspondence, reports, and other material requiring judgment as to content, accuracy, and completeness. Good writing and grammar skills are important.
- Maintains CRM database, performs calls with CRM team, reporting errors, tracking tickets and working on new reporting needs and clean-up of unused reports in system.
- Generates weekly, monthly, quarterly and year end production reports.
- Ships booth, collateral/exhibit material for tradeshows for sales team. Maintains close communications with the VOP sales team to assure all conference needs are met.
- Production and maintenance of bid book materials.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating databases for business, conference and other VOP partners.
- Assists in the upkeep of collateral material inventory.
- Researches new sales potential for distribution to sales staff, through database management and other sources.
- Serves as backup to key office personnel including housing services.
- Responsible for adhering to all Visit OP purchasing policies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Engage and ensure positive, working relationships with all members of the organization’s team.
- Support and uphold the organization’s mission, values, policies and standards.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and effective interpersonal skills internally and externally at all times.
- Ability to communicate in a highly professional manner in both written and personal communications.
- Handle multiple tasks, and flexible, changing priorities.
- Make sound decisions and utilize good judgment.
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately and professionally at all times.
- Demonstrates ability to support and function in team environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of working within a professional office environment preferred.
- Highly skilled in answering phones, greeting visitors, determining nature of business and directing to appropriate personnel.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphasis on Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed oriented including proofreading skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new software systems.
Click here to apply online.