Breaking 4th of July news. We asked around and the 4th of July is still occurring this year. What, did you think we were just going to go straight from the 3rd to the 5th? No way! That being said, this 4th may be a bit more low key in Overland Park, however that doesn’t mean it has to be any less fun.
Here are 9 great ways to enjoy the 4th when you are in OP for the holiday weekend.
- There are not many more things more American than Pie. Stop by The Upper Crust and pick up a slice (or a whole pie) to make it through the entire weekend. You will wish you had more when it is all gone.
- Just launched is Best Regards Bakery’s new ice cream line. Help cool yourself down with their new homemade ice cream mixed with some of their famous baked goods.
- Head to one of the great parks in OP to get some fresh air while socially distancing. The brand spankin’ new Thompson Park located in Downtown OP is a great place to start. Spread out, do some yoga, or go for a walk.
- Rumor has it that kids love splash pads. Roe Park is a great place to spend an hour with kids to cool down from the summer heat.
- Have more cold treats at I Am Frozen Dessert Café. Did someone say Honey Toast?
- Eat a meal (or all your meals) outside at one of the great restaurants with patios in town.
- Get a wiener from the Wiener Kitchen. These are great for grilling, but if you are without a grill, grab one for lunch.
- A trip to the farmers’ market on the 4th of July is like the stars aligning. The OP farmers’ market has taken appropriate measures to ensure a safe experience for all vendors and shoppers.
- Just in time for 4th of July, Brew Lab has opened a patio so you can socially distance AND drink craft beer at the same time.
Need more ideas of things to do while in Overland Park for the 4th of July? Head over to our things to do page. We also have a page dedicated to what some of your favorite places in town are doing to ensure public safety.