In the age of vast differences, nothing brings people together quite like a shared love of pizza. There’s no shame in that either, especially with the great pizza options that Overland Park has to offer.
While BBQ may be King in KC | OP, don’t forget about one of America’s favorite foods. These top pizza places in Overland Park are sure to be crowd pleasers. Whether you like NY style, Chicago style, or something in between, you have plenty of pizza options to choose from in Overland Park.
- Papa Keno’s – Known for their great East Coast style pizza (and a vast beer selection) you can find Papa Keno’s in Downtown Overland Park. Stop by for lunch and take advantage of a slice of pizza with two toppings (don’t worry, it is giant), drink, and salad or breadstick for just $6.99.
- Martin City Brewing Company Pizza and Taproom – With stone-fired pizza options like the Martin City Margherita or Apples in Italy, the options of toppings run the gamut. However, if you want an insider’s recommendation, give the Heartland Chicken pizza a shot.
- d’Bronx – If the name alone doesn’t give it away, d’Bronx is straight from NYC, serving up authentic NY style pizza. If you are in town and feeding a crowd, be sure to get the 30 inch pizza so no one goes hungry. This may just be the largest pizza in KC | OP.
- Minsky’s Pizza – A KC | OP staple, Minsky’s has been around since 1976. Minsky’s is known for serving their unique gourmet pizzas. These range from a KC meat centric Prime Cut pizza to a health conscious option (is that even a thing when talking about pizza?) in the Nature’s Choice.
- Rosati’s Pizza – As soon as you walk in, you will think you have been transported back to a tiny little pizza shop in Chicago. Rosati’s has brought authentic Chicago style pizza directly to Overland Park. Don’t go thinking you will be grabbing a table because Rosati’s is take out only.
- Grimaldi’s Pizzeria – Kids. Love. This. Place. Adults do too, because wine, but here’s why the kids love this place. Grimaldi’s gives kids dough to play with at their table while their pizza is being prepared, getting the parent’s seal of approval.
And The Winner Is
The results are in, the unofficial winner of the best pizza in KC | OP goes to Papa Keno's.
Checking all of the boxes of a great pizza place, Papa Keno’s narrowly edges out its competitors as the best pizza in Overland Park. Great pizza, a wide selection of local beer, all wrapped up in a fun atmosphere.
From the time you walk in off of the streets of Downtown Overland Park, you feel like you are in the quintessential pizza place. Yes, that means there are even arcade games in the back.
CONTINUE READING THE BEST OF OP BLOG SERIES